Thursday, April 23, 2015

Giving My Dream Away

I have dream to be a writer...but I gave it away.

I have a dream to be a speaker...but I gave it away.

I have a dream to be a leader of women...but I gave it away.

I have a dream of being an amazing wife...but I gave it away.

I have a dream of being an awesome mom...but I gave it away. 

Why did I give these dreams away?

I didn't give these dreams away because of distractions or obstacles or being too busy. I didn't throw them in the garbage or disregard them with a casual attitude. I didn't get bogged down with "why me". 

I gave them to the One who can actually make them happen. I gave them to the One who will make them perfect. I gave them to the One who knows me and all my strengths and weaknesses better than I do.

Most importantly, I gave them away because I want God to be in charge of the outcome of my life.

I know there will be times when I try to take them back. Times when I try and take control of my path or try and force something that should not happen. But I trust God to bring me back to this place of surrendering my hopes, dreams and desires to Him.

5 comments:

  1. Amen, sister!! Right there with ya! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the Dream Giver. . . He will deliver on His promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing you "give it all away", Erin. Love getting to 'know you better' through P31 and can't wait to meet you in person at She Speaks!
    Kim Stewart
    www.kimstewartinspired.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! And I, too, can hardly wait to get to meet you in person!

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete