Monday, May 12, 2014

Rest. Be.



This post is a little bit different from what I usually post, but something I wanted to share with you. I'd love to hear your reaction and if it prompts you to look at your own time with God differently!




I hear my name softly as I walk through the aisles. Row after row of words jump out at me. Book after book call out for me to take them and explore their pages. I start to take one down, but stop.

I hear my name again.

I walk faster, quickly glancing down each row before moving on. Still I press on and resist the distractions, though I am tempted.

Finally, I round the last row and find a quiet little corner with two cushioned chairs in front of a crackling fire.

I notice He is there, just like always.

He smiles and invites me to sit. I start to say something, but He already knows my excuses and temptations, even the ones I gave in to. He knows my requests before I speak. I fight the urge to speak first and try to calm my racing thoughts as I await His voice.

Finally, He speaks.

"I am always here and never as far away as you may think I am. Even amid the distractions that surround you, I am with you. Rest. Be." 

No comments:

Post a Comment